Tuesday 24 February 2009

Roving Reporter: Ashley Isham

I have to admit, I overslept this morning and this was by no means supposed to be my first show of the day. However as I rocked up at the Science Museum, I realised that in true fashion week style I could have just stayed in bed for at least another 45mins. 

Fashion shows run late, after all, 'late is apparently the new on time!'

I was quite looking forward to seeing Isham and it looked like everyone else was too. There was a whole host of celebs, Tess Daly + bump, Jasmine Guiness and everyones favourite fashionista . . . Erin O'Connor.

 Front row over with, Isham presented what can only be described as a 'typical Isham' collection. There were great silk jersey dresses, draped, bias cut and cinched in all the right places, in a host of vibrant reds, bronze and monochrome shades. All the dresses really were red-carpet numbers, after all that is what he does best. 

I loved the full on jewel encrusted dress, the stones had a purple hue to them and looked like the model had been decorated with sweeties! It was most certainly scrummy!

Prints were, as with everywhere this week, floral based. this was rocked in monochrome and green tones. The floral theme was developed into embroideries and brocade too, with blue, black and purple brocades used to create both floor and shift length dresses. While white silk was embroidered with floral, lace like patterns in silver thread, showing that the metallic trend will again be huge. There was lots of drapery and asymmetric dresses, with ruffles and fur all being used in this intensely glamorous collection! 

I wonder which frock Erin has her eye on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Fashion-Pack! Keep checking back for more news, reviews and hot gossip! xxx