Sunday 8 March 2009

Roving Reporter : Yohji Yamamoto

Gosh! I'm so very behind on my blogging, I had a birthday extravaganza this weekend! (23) and so now I have many many things to write and so many shoots to style this week, that I have press emails coming out my ears!
Paris has squeezed in tones of shows (a fair few British designers amongst them) but firstly let me take you to Yohji Yamamoto, the wacky one as he is more fondly recognised. Alas no longer though. With bills to pay, Yohji has gone all commercial for A/W 09 and for the first time you can actually dream about owning a piece!

Beautifully cut, double breasted pea coats, square, boxy trenches and long line, slim fit styles signalled gorgeous but relaxed outerwear. I love the slightly frayed edging and there was a kind of deconstructed feel to the whole collection.

This was simplistic but stylish dressing at its best. Intricate cuts and panelling ensured fairly classic and easy wear silhouettes, but reminded me of stylish buyers at fashion week and eccentric, only wearing black art teachers at collage. The black palette, with occasional white pieces was also accented in next season colour, RED!.

Long, elbow high gloves were again a MUST for next season and I love these voluminous silhouettes.

A wearable collection, that provide great basics and classic forever pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Fashion-Pack! Keep checking back for more news, reviews and hot gossip! xxx