Sunday 8 March 2009

Roving Reporter : Sophia Kokosalaki

I'm staging a sit in!
Where are all the Grecian numbers. I know Sophia has to move on but I loved her for her uber girlish style and dreamy frocks and though this collection again was beautifully made and detailed impeccably I can't help but feel cheated.

This A/W offering was much harder hitting and was on of the first lot of eighties looks seen here in Paris.
There were wet look dresses in eighties black, with structured shoulders. This had a back to the future feel as the wet looks were teamed with tribal / futuristic elements too.

Silk jersey, left behind the drapes and took on a new form, this time Sophia went all body con showing sleek leggings and form fitting tops, with some lovely cowl necks. Flashes of bright orange lifted a monochrome to nude palette.
Embellishment had a slight tribal feel but also reminded me of futuristic armour.

Sheer has been a big deal everywhere and I love the way Sophia played with that in her eveningwear.

Again, futuristic, origami folds, python style panelling. These were definitely futuristic warrior ladies. The collection was strong, sexy and far more body con than usual, but though I'm still debating my letter of complaint at the lack of drapes and empire lines, I'm warming to the versatility of my favourite fashion lay.
If I have to be a tough, warrior princess next season, I'm going to be doing it head to toe in Kokosalaki.


1 comment:

  1. Hi I love your blog- can you please check mine out it is......

    http://cocobutterlipbalm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the Fashion-Pack! Keep checking back for more news, reviews and hot gossip! xxx