Sunday 27 September 2009

Editor @ Large . . . Shoot Shopping

I have a test shoot on Friday so I spent today trying to sort out the two looks I've been asked to create. One inspired by this seasons Dolce Gabbana campaign and one with a Chanel / Christian Lacroix feel.

I headed naturally to the high-street as I love recreating these looks with budget in mind. So far I've picked up a red velvet body, a multi layered lace cape/collar and flapper headband all from Topshop. To complete my gothic look I purchased a mutton sleeved blouse - H&M, lacey tights (Fenwick) and a beautifully tailored pencil skirt from Zara!

Finally I headed to River Island which has improved season on season. Though there design dept claim to not follow trends but rather 'create' them, we all know that they do some of the best catwalk copies around! I grabbed a hot pink and black faux fur jacket (perfectly D&G) and an amazingly embellished belt which again plays the Dolce vibe. The elastic waist belt is decorated with ribbons and brooches and is simply divine! I finished the look with wet look leggings and bow hair band - Topshop) and a feathered skirt - Zara
I can't wait to see the results on Friday! I still have finishing touches to do but the basics are all there!

As it was Sunday the shops were crammed with couples, I don't get shopping with a B/F! Girls why do you do it?! The girls dragging their poor boyfriends around (who'd rather be in the pub!) asking for their opinions only to disagree!
My favourite was the stunning girl in front of me in the queue at Zara (she'd look good in a bin bag) who had picked up a very fashion forward multi stud skirt and numerous studded mini dresses. Her b/f looked utterly baffled by the fashionista pieces and only really liked the look of the lady like lacey number! We all know boys don't get runway darling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Fashion-Pack! Keep checking back for more news, reviews and hot gossip! xxx