Saturday 20 February 2010

Editor @ Large . . . PPQ

Omg, what a night! I had desperately tried to make it to Jacob Kimmie only to be stopped by the entirely useless system we call TFL! This in turn made me miss Jasper Garvida (but thankfully my trusty assistant was there and will write up posts shortly. I did however miss Ann Sofie Back with no back up and shall remain gutted until further notice.

So with that I headed back with Marc to Somerset House with plenty of time to spare before the PPQ show. I was super excited as these tickets arrived late last night by courier! 
We queued up, had our tickets check several times before finally making it into the show space. The room was heaving and the paps were having a field day with a front row that included: Pixie Lott, Jodie Harsh, Elliot Tittensor, Larry Lamb and Kaya Scodelario and these are just the few I spotted! 

The show itself was fantastic and possibly one of my fav so far. It skipped between 3 distinct decades. 
There were some swinging sixties cuts in the form of cute mini dresses and a gorgeous 'Pringle/Chanel'-esque cardigan that was trimmed in gold. 
70's style Ossie Clark bias cut floor skimming frocks and gathered, chiffon, bell sleeves with tiny buttons; and 80's Madonna mini dresses, all body con and peplumed.

The collections palette was black and gold and stuck to this throughout, allowing for experimentation in fabric and structure. The use of only two colours also meant that the garments could really do the talking and we weren't distracted from the beautifully cut trench coats and gathered waist peplums with just the right amount of volume. 

It was commented how 'early Gucci' the collection felt and it did. It was very sexy and provocative and had just the right amount of oomph and glamour. 

The gold was rich (it reminded me of chocolate wrapping) and the tone of black changed depending on the fabric. 
PPQ experimented with everything from the yummiest looking fur collared coats (the trench half draped in fur being a particular fav) and created structure through panelling their dresses mixing silk and satin with ease. 

I loved the strapless, sweetheart neckline dresses that are bound to be a hit with all girls about town and the three tiered cape and the dress with its own caplet had me literally drooling!

Ultimate piece for me though was the first set of dresses on the catwalk. Which saw velvet, strapless minis adorned in upholstery gold tassels, that is for me the ultimate trimming; What's more is that it looked unbelievably chic!  
(I'm off to my local haberdashery).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Fashion-Pack! Keep checking back for more news, reviews and hot gossip! xxx