Monday 7 June 2010

Editor @ Large . . . GFW Salford

Alex Dubell and Hana Calvert were my Salford heroes today.

Alex sparked my interest with his blue/black architectural collection with cage like strip structures on the shoulders and plenty of lurex sparkle. The body suits were used simply as a vehicle to show off the structures that almost consumed the models. I loved the final neck piece that reminded me of chandelier structures and whale bones. It was a very clever and conceptual offering.

Hanna Calvert made a construct/deconstructed collection of panelled skirts with layers and zips allowing for multi use and endless adaptation of the garments. By block colouring the panels in monochrome the panels were easily identifiable yet cohesive. Silk, jersey and leather combined creating strong and bold silhouettes. I loved the quilted panels and the draped dresses with structured sections were reminiscent of last years winner.

The other collection to note came from Emma Liddell who worked perspex and plastic casing in with grey marl jersey to give a bit of sports luxe. Though it wasn't my favourite I like the adventure and challenge of the materials.
A strong show from one of the smaller fashion schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Fashion-Pack! Keep checking back for more news, reviews and hot gossip! xxx